Peter B. Glass
Direct Dial: 404-835-9504
Peter Glass represents international investors, syndicates of financial institutions and CMBS REMIC special servicers in the rehabilitation, financing and disposition of commercial properties. Mr. Glass has experience in a variety of CMBS servicing issues including the operation of active business properties (hotels, healthcare facilities, office buildings) by REMIC trusts post-foreclosure.
- Examples of recent projects in which Mr. Glass has been principally involved include BankAmerica Tower, SunTrust Tower, Monarch Center, The Pinnacle, the Atlanta Market Center and the Stone Crest Regional Mall in Atlanta, GA, AmSouth Tower in Birmingham, AL, and Woodland Business Center in Charlotte, NC.
- Since 1995, Mr. Glass has led teams of lawyers in the acquisition of approximately 10 million square feet of industrial facilities, the leasing, management and operation of such facilities and the disposition of approximately 3.5 million square feet of such facilities for the nation’s second largest industrial REIT.
- A significant portion of Mr. Glass’ practice consists of representing lenders and special servicers in the restructuring of securitized loans and in the exercise of remedial action with respect to defaulted real estate loans.
- Memberships include the Real Estate Section of the State Bar of Georgia (past Chair), American College of Real Estate Lawyers, American College of Mortgage Attorneys, the Urban Law Institute, the Commercial Mortgage Securities Association and the Mortgage Bankers Association.
- Mr. Glass is listed in An International Who’s Who of Real Estate Lawyers and in the Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers.
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2008.
- Named to the list of “Georgia Super Lawyers” 2004 and 2005.
- Member of the Editorial Board and served as Articles Editor for the Georgia Law Review (1969-1971).
- Has lectured and written extensively on a variety of topics relating to commercial real estate development, finance and workouts.
- AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell.*
- Law: University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., with honors (1971)
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University, B.A. (1968)
- Georgia (1971)
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure’s standards and policies.